I was remembering our conversation, over dinner in December last year and thought I would contact you to see if you were at all interested in still holding a corporate weekend here.
If you are, I thought it might be useful to list all the activities that can be based here on site and off site in the locality.
• Kayaking- on the lake and up the river.
• Paint Balling
• Clay pigeon shooting. Either Roderick can be your mentor or a very good shooting coach (and friend) from Dublin can be in charge. Alternatively there is a shooting school locally too if we are dealing with too many to handle on site.
• Fishing - coarse fishing & pike
• Orienteering for team bonding / treasure hunts. Believe me, you can wander the estate for hours and never be found.
• Cookery demonstration - this just involves sitting back with a glass of wine, watching the food being prepared then eating it! (a good one for ladies)
• In house Poker, backgammon or gin rummy tournaments…
• Snooker or table tennis tournaments.
• Croquet on the lawn.
• Eagles flying - our nearest neighbours, a spectacular birds of prey centre with flying displays twice a day. (5 minutes drive)
• Sea Fishing
• Surfing-- arguably the best surf on the west coast at Strandhill. Two surf schools are based here and kite surfing can also be arranged.
• Hill climbing
• Bowling- Carrick on Shannon
• Zip It -- team building obstacle course with varying degrees of difficulty and challenge, all above ground flying through the trees. Lough Key Forest Park.
• Ancient monuments and tombs. Sligo boasts an amazing number of neolithic tombs and monuments to explore.
• Golf -- Sligo boasts at least three championship standard courses, along with a few that can be walked in your wellies next to the beach.
• Irish music and traditional music evenings.
• World famous Voya - Seaweed baths, massages and treatments.
• Our local taxi service in Ballymote is very reliable and can organise sight seeing buses or airport collection with ease.
The above gives you a few examples of what is available at Temple House or nearby. We have also created events specifically for team building, or more of a house party style where there might be a couple of things organised but the emphasis is on relaxation, good food and wine and of course good company. We have six ensuite rooms and one room with private bathroom. We can accommodate 14 people in the house and 8 in the cottage and any number under canvas! Our wine list is fairly comprehensive but if specialsit wines are required, that is no problem.