With the growing trend in small weddings, or micro weddings, many couples find traditional wedding venues too impersonal for their small intimate wedding. Without the hustle and bustle of a hundred or more guests your wedding venue takes on even more importance so here are a few tips to help you select the perfect Micro Wedding location for you.
1. The venue is the backdrop to your wedding day, and you want it to set the tone, and work hard to create the atmosphere you want. Ask yourself is it special, will it wow your guests? Are there lots of different options within the location for ceremony, dinner, dancing, and lounge areas so you can personalise your use of the venue to suit your needs?
2. Make sure you have exclusive use of the venue, preferably somewhere a little off the beaten track, adding to the sense of intimacy of a small wedding. You do not want random strangers stumbling into your special day!
3. Choose a venue with accommodation, so you can arrive the day before, get settled in and have a relaxing evening and stress-free wedding morning in beautiful surroundings.
4. Are there lots of wonderful places to take photographs. Your wedding photos will remind you of your wedding day for years to come. Does you venue offer a range of romantic settings, inside and outdoors for your wedding photographer to help you capture your special day.
5. Find out if the venue and hosts have experience hosting weddings. There are a lot of elements in a great wedding and you need to be able to trust your hosts to ensure everything runs smoothly. Experienced hosts can help you from the planning stages until the last guest leads to ensure you have the wedding of your dreams.
6. Top quality catering is essential. Can you tailor the menu to your preferences? Are there options for restricted diets? Will you have to hire dining furniture, china, linens etc., or will your hosts provide these?
7. Room for dancing and the guarantee the party can continue into the wee hours!
The Perceval family have been welcoming guests to Temple House since the 17th Century and have hosted many weddings. They know what it takes to create the perfect micro wedding
personal virtual walk-through tours of the property to help you plan your Micro Wedding. Get in touch
to see how they can help you create your wedding.